Saturday, December 17, 2011

Get Your Roti!!

One of my favourite things about Thailand is there are all sorts of street vendors selling delicious foods on just about every street!
Today while helping set up the new ice cream shop, I stopped at one of the best Thai roti(โรดี) stands in the Silom area.  It's just 1 block down Soi Convent from Silom for anyone wishing to go try it.  Apparently the vendor is well known in the area and people journey from blocks away just to taste this delicious treat.










For those of you who aren't familiar with Thai style roti, it's basically a deep fried bread(similar to naan) that is wrapped around some sort of innards like bananas of egg and topped usually with drizzled condensed milk and sugar.



I watched as the vendor tossed my roti into the oil with a metal spatula and folded in the perfectly cut bananas.










She tossed the freshly-made dessert on a styrofoam plate topped with paper to absorb the oil and chopped it squares. Then, she and asked if I wanted the sugar and condensed milk topping, of course I did.






She drizzled the condensed milk, sprinkled a little sugar and then served it to me with two toothpicks to use as utensils.
The rumors I had heard definitely rung true -the best roti I've tasted yet! -Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment